Unique RTS Features in League of Empires (LoE)
In this article we will read about:
- Cross-platform: LoE is set to run on Windows and MacOS.
- Unique civilizations: In LoE each civilization is unique in its appearance and gameplay, including units, structures, and technology trees.
- Citizen soldiers: Some infantry and cavalry units can not only fight, but also gather resources and construct buildings, making them substantially more versatile than in typical RTS games.
- Combat experience matters: The more time your citizen soldiers spend fighting your enemies, the higher they go up the ranks. With each rank, they become stronger, but then they also get worse at civilian tasks.
- Technology tradeoffs: Some technologies are arranged in pairs, and within each pair, you can only research one technology at most in each game. This choice is irreversible during one game session, so choose carefully!
- Unit formations: Arrange your units in historical battle formations from the Phalanx to the Testudo and gain bonuses, such as increased armor. However, beware the costs that may come with them, such as lower speed!
Realism and Authenticity
- Real world map realism: Random maps are based upon real geography of the ancient world with realistic plants, animals and terrain.
- Authentic historical details: Designs of units, buildings and technologies all reflect the hallmarks of each civilization.
- Planned lifelike naval warfare: Ships will be on a much larger and more lifelike scale than seen in other RTS games. They will move more realistically and even be able to ram other ships.